Thursday, June 14, 2007

GIP - Round two









So tonight's lesson was fun with Flickr mash-ups and then fights with Blogger and PaintShop to get my nifty logo to post the way I wanted it. There is probably a better way to learn about Paint Shop then the stab in the dark fashion I am currently using, however motivation and time are key. Currently my time is slim and my motivation (for Paint Shop) is periodic.



The previous post shows how Blogger allowed the Flickr image to post with no interference. Since I didn't feel like changing my layout for one post, it was evident that I needed to be able to edit the image. I wasn't up for experiments in html (since there was an awful lot of it in the banner), so reducing it to a simple image was my option.

This little guy (Ronon from Star Gate: Atlantis as drawn by Pentapus) pretty much says it all for me by the end of the endeavor.

3 comments:

joyce said...

You've been tagged! Click on the link to see how to play. You're it!

JimD said...

Beautiful stuff. This is fun, isn't it? I think the whole image generator thing was the biggest time eater for me. I didn't find it to be too difficult but it was so much fun that I spent waaaaaaaayy more time on it than necessary!

Periodic Frippery said...

Hi bluffingwildly!

The image generator wasn't too hard, its PhotoShop that I was having all of the trouble with. I can fale my way through a word processing program or even a basic spreadsheet program, but the image editing software is more complicated than I can fake. :)