Sunday, July 8, 2007

Playing Catch-up (things 4 & 7)

So... just for the record, my blog has been registered with Technorati since I set it up. I did that as a part of searching out a unique name - separating the steps didn't make much sense to me. I used Technorati and Google's Blog Search to check name possibilities.

Currently, technology-wise, I am watching the iPhone phenomenon. I can't quite justify it to myself, but it really is shiny. I think that we are moving to a world where many people will be connected all the time (MT Anderson's Feed aside), and devices like this push us closer to that possibility. Plus, shiny.

Of course, all of the hype has attracted the hackers and reverse-engineers and over on Wired there is an interesting article about the similar applications that already exist. Of course, you need a bit of know-how to put all of that together and make it work without crashing - it is never as easy as they make it sound. My father, for example, is infamous in our family for downloading programs to his Palm and causing very inconvenient program conflicts. Me, not so much - mine is for tracking appointments, phone numbers and reading. Nothing fancy. This make me an atypical user, btw.


ETA: Beware the Magical iPhone... "This device, portrayed as a harmless product of science, is obviously designed to introduce our children to witchcraft and sorcery."

Bwahahaha!! I love Wired.

No comments: