Monday, September 17, 2007

Wikis (thing 16 & 17)

After repreated tries, I was finally able to add my hyperlinked blog name to the Learning 2.0 Sandbox wiki. In spite of Ellen's excellent instructions, I was only able to get my blog name added correctly by viewing the source code for the page and adding the URL address at that point.

Using the "insert link" method left me with the insert link box still on the page (after clicking OK) for up to 45 minutes. At that point I canceled the action. Grr.

However, other libraries are certainly using Wikis in interesting fashions. The Oregon Library Instruction wiki is an interesting example of a collaborative instruction resource for librarians. This place where the Library 2.0 in 15 minutes a day wiki is hosted. Oddly enough I wasn't able to figure out from their main page how to navigate to the Library 2.0 page - until I looked at the recent changes page.

Training page like this one and the collaborative compilaiton of topic specific knowledge seem to be the best use for the model.

No comments: